Thursday, August 28, 2008

My first blog.

In French, lèche-vitrines means 'window shopping'. Directly translated to English, it means 'window licking'. I suppose you could say I do a reasonable amount of both.

I feel a little awkward blogging, but less awkward than I would writing a diary. At least here, even if no-one's actually reading this, I'm acting as though I'm talking to someone.

I visit Durham University tomorrow and as little as I know about the place, I know what I'm wearing. If I do end up there, first impressions will probably matter. I'm trying to do the whole 'preppy American' look - think the ones Elle's up against in Legally Blonde - but without the 'geek'. Or the 'geek', but in a cool way.
So I have a shirt dress that comes to just above the knee (hides my thighs) and black tights.
Black patent brogues, with cream uppers - think spats.
And a Ralph Lauren wool and cashmere jumper that I found in the TK Maxx kids section today, for £9.
It's navy - I'm not sure how well that goes with the tights, but it shortens my body and lengthens my legs.
It has a lovely little 'badge' which makes me think of Hogwarts.



Anyway. Today, I wore:

2 comments:

Eeli said...

Ergh, i know all too well the immensely fustrating thoughts of wanting to hide ones thighs. Coupled with being told on a nearly daily basis that asians are just genetically unfortunate to have large ones and that no amount of pilates will lessen their unlovely size makes it all the more annoying. FYI yours are very lovely and proportionate :) Like your stylings too. Im going through an 80's revival myself so the pearl necklace used as a headband is very appealing right now.

Eelie

Madame Belle said...

Hello! I'm rather new to blogging myself. Just thought I would 'drop by' (if that's what it can be called) and say hello.

I rather enjoy reading and am always looking forward to new posts.